How Does PureCryo Fat Freezing Inch Loss Work?
At Thanet Laser Lipo, we use the latest advancement in non-invasive aesthetic technology, developed and proven by scientists at the Harvard Medical School! Our new PureCryo treatments combine the “fat freezing” therapy known as Cryogenic Lipolysis with the skin conditioning properties of Photo-Dynamic Therapy to deliver truly amazing inch loss, WITHOUT the need to exercise!
Each treatment will target an area of approximately 20cm x 15cm with the PureCryo controlled fat freezing process. PureCryo leverages a clinically proven technique known as “Cryogenic Lipolysis”.
What is Cryogenic Lipolysis?
This is the correct and full medical term to describe the Fat Freezing process we apply with our PureCryo treatments. The more commonly referred to term of “Cryolipolysis” is an acronym (abbreviated version) of this correct medical term and has been registered as a trademark by the manufacturers of the Coolsculpting technology, Zeltiq Inc. In order to avoid confusion and ensure the correct terminology is used, we will always refer to Cryolipolysis by its full and correct name, “Cryogenic Lipolysis”.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO NEEDLES OR INJECTIONS. NOTHING ENTERS THE BODY AS THIS IS AN ENTIRELY NON-INVASIVE PROCESS THAT WORKS IN HARMONY WITH YOUR NORMAL BIOLOGICAL PROCESSES.
Large numbers of swollen fat cells (adipocytes) are stored underneath the skin. These pockets of fat are often difficult to target with dieting and may require substantial exercise to reduce.
An anti-freeze membrane is applied to protect the surface of the skin.
The PureCryo treatment head is then applied to the area, configured for the treatment and switched on.
The PureCryo treatment head selectively cools the adipose layer, causing the lipids within the cells to form ice crystals. These ice crystals permeate the cell membrane allowing ions to pass freely across the membrane, causing an ionic imbalance, thereby resulting in cellular death.
The PDT light soothes and conditions the surface of the skin during the treatment.
Only the fat cells are frozen, as their contents are more susceptible to cooling than the surrounding tissues. Therefore, there is no damage or risk to the surrounding structures.
CAN I BE TREATED?
If you are a healthy adult, over the age of 18, the answer is usually a resounding “YES”!!!
However, there are some medical conditions (referred to as “Contra-indications”) that mean we CANNOT treat you. This is in the best interest of your health and to ensure there are no complications with your condition, so please don’t be offended if we are unable to treat you as a result of one of these conditions being present :-
- Patients with cancer, unless in remission for greater than 2 years
- Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Diagnosed and / or undergoing treatment for any form of mental disorder
- Patients with dermatitis or infection in the treatment area
- Patients with a history of significant trauma, or abnormal healing of wounds in the treatment area
- Patients with varicosity in the treatment area, or surrounding areas
- Serious heart disease or the blood pressure of the patients with hypertension (≥140/90mmHg)
- Patients with a history of paralysis or stroke
- Patients with abnormal blood coagulation or undertaking anti-coagulant therapy
- Patients with peripheral nervous disease, diabetes (Type 1), or connective tissue diseases
- Pregnant or nursing women (until after 12 week post-natal check)
- If you suffer from any of the following conditions, we CAN treat you (with a signed disclaimer), but would strongly recommend you consult with your GP, or consultant physician, before commencing treatment :-
- If you are a HIV carrier
- Diabetes (Type 2)
- Recent surgery or minor operations (less than 6 weeks ago)
- Recent injury (awaiting treatment / surgery
If you are in any doubt and the answers to your questions are not contained within this site, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to discuss the treatments with you in more detail.
Highly effective Fat Freezing treatments from £100 per session